1. EDM S. Legault, (9) (M. Moroz, T. Sieben), 3:45
1. EDM G. Reinhart, (5) (T. Maxwell, D. Wruck), 7:00 (PP)
2. EDM R. Rachinski, (9) (T. Maxwell, G. Reinhart), 3:40 (PP)
2. EDM K. Pelss, (13) (C. Corbett, G. Reinhart), 7:20 (PP)
2. CAL T. Cheek, (9) (B. Macek, C. Sylvester), 9:46 (PP)
3. EDM D. Wruck, (9) (K. Pelss, T. Foster), 9:28
3. EDM J. Peddle, (4) (K. Wilson, S. Legault), 9:50
3. CAL S. Humphries, (5) (G. Chase, R. Trzonkowski), 13:40
Goalies Calgary GA Mins SH SVS PIM
31 Glover, Brandon 2 32:40 10 8 0
33 Driedger, Chris 4 27:20 13 9 0
Goalies Edmonton GA Mins SH SVS PIM
31 Brossoit, Laurent 2 60:00 28 26 0
3 Players of Note:
1) Kristians Pelss LW Edmonton - Everytime I get the chance to see Pelss play, I become more enamoured with his play. He has run the full gambit with me, from being a player that I didn't think was good enough for the WHL to being a player that could be an effective 2nd/3rd liner in the bigs. Pelss compete and battle is up 10 fold from the beginning of the year and now is starting to showcase his quick wrister that has goalies feeling uneasy. Pelss looks to have found comfort in North America.
2) Griffin Reinhart D Edmonton - Another player that started off slow but has come around to be the player everyone expected to be. His game is very reliable but not physical. But still his reliability will be coveted by NHL teams. With the right partner he could be a projected top pairing Dman. One of his bigger assets lately has been the ability to unleash bombs or quick shots from the point, whatever might be needed. Reinhart looks to be gaining traction. I look for good things from him to close out the year.
3) Victor Rask C Calgary - Rask has a lot of talent and energy in that body. But he refuses to play in the physical areas of the ice and I'm not sure why. Twice he was engaged with hits, once from Reinhart, the other from Ryan Dech, and both times he gave them a stiff arm that sent them to their backsides. He is crazy strong on his skates, but it doesn't do much good when he won't engage the area around the net. This kid is close, and once he realizes how strong he is, he might have himself a long pro career.