|P.A L. McVeigh, (1) (M. Winther, A. Bardaro), 2:38 (PP)|
|P.A J. Knutsen (1) (L. Draisaitl, E. Morden), 6:31|
|P.A L. McVeigh, (2) (M. Winther, J. Morrissey), 10:29 (PP)|
|SAS B. Walker, (1) (C. Cox, S. McColgan), 16:55 (PP)|
2. SAS D. Dietz, (1) (S. McColgan, M. Stransky), 0:21 (PP)
|2. P.A A. Corbin, (2) (J. Morrissey), 12:01 (PP)|
3. P.A S. Lange, (1) (J. Morrissey, A. Bardaro), 0:26 (PP)
Luke Siemens 28/30
Andrey Makarov 25/30
1. Mike Winther C - Winther had about about as much impact as one player could one period of hockey. Setup both goals by Logan McVeigh using his smarts and vision. 30+ goal player last season, looks to become a bigger part of the Raiders offense this season. Winther has a real cerebral, overall game going for him. Initially, I had him pegged as a 3rd liner at the pro level, but if he keeps up his offensive ways, he may graduate to a scoring role. Got kicked out of the game early in the 2nd period for being a part of a 2nd fight on the ice.
2. Josh Morrissey D - Morrissey is a player that I feel is very similar to recent draft pick Morgan Rielly. Flighty defenseman that is seemingly all over the ice making plays. Has a lot of conviction in his game, meaning he never 2nd guesses his plays. A lof of crispness to his game. Smooth skater, stocky and doesn't mind the physical activity. I have him rated as a mid 1st rounder in the upcoming NHL Draft, but he is a player that could have a Morgan Rielly type surge up the charts.
1. Brenden Walker RW - Walker tallied his first goal as a Blade tonight. A nice play where he came out from behind the net, puck protected, and wheeled a shot by Siemens glove side. Walker was a nice pickup as an overager from Brandon in the offseason. Walker should give the Blades a nice blend of grit and secondary scoring on their march towards the Memorial Cup as the host team.
2. Darren Dietz D - Dietz played a usual steady game for the Blades and scored the other marker for them tonight. Dietz leads a veteran laden defensive corps and is my odds on favorite to be the next captain if the Blades decide on one. Duncan Siemens would be the other candidate. As of now, the Blades are battling on without a captain, until all the new acquisitions acclimate themselves. Dietz plays a very simple game for the most part but isn't shy about shooting the puck from the point.